Mehndi is quite popular for dyeing hair and making mehndi designs (just like tattoos) on hands and feet. Usually, in Asian countries, mehndi is used as a body art to celebrate cultural events and weddings. So, here we will talk about the Henna plant and how we use the leaves of this plant to make mehndi. At the same time, we will also see some quick Mehndi drying techniques to get the color faster from natural henna.
People have been using mehndi since ancient times not only for the hands and feet, but also to dye hair, and nails. However, applying a different design of mehndi is still popular and females of all ages love to apply it. So, now let’s start our discussion from the start on mehndi and Quick Mehndi drying techniques.
How to Make Mehndi (Henna)
Usually, we find readymade mehndi in paste or powdered form from the market. However, earlier, women made the mehndi paste at home by grinding the henna leaves into powder or paste form. So, here we have shared a brief method to make mehndi after purchasing the powder from the market.
- Before buying the mehndi powder, you must know its type. There are various types of mehndi powders available in the market. Remember that henna having a label of Black or blond henna contains coloring chemicals in it. So, you must go with the fresh and natural mehndi powder.
- If you are looking for a fresh henna, you can determine its freshness with its color and smell. Fresh mehndi powder will have a green to Khaki (brownish) color with a spinach-like smell. So, we can say that fresh henna will have a bright color and smell.
- So, buy the fresh henna powder from the market and make a paste of it for use.
- To make a paste, put the henna powder in a plastic bowl, any acidic liquid (lemon juice, apple cider vinegar), and any essential oil. Mix all of them properly with a spoon or spatula. Try to make this paste at least one day before the use so that henna can release its color/dye.
- You can also add sugar to the henna powder so that the paste can adhere to your skin for a longer time.
- After that, you can apply this paste on your hair, or your hands and feet with the help of cotton buds. However, you can put this paste into piping bags or cones to make mehndi designs of hands and feet.
Mehndi Designs for hands and feet
There are a lot of designs to apply mehndi on hands and feet. You can choose different mehndi designs and patterns according to the event or occasion. If we talk about mehndi designs, that could be minimal simple, or more detailed covering the hands and feet. At the same time, each country or region also represents its history and culture through the mehndi designs. However, if you want to get different mehndi designs for different occasions, you can visit our website, beinthefashion.com. We have posted a lot of designs that you can choose to attend any function.
Way to dry Mehndi quickly
The mehndi paste took at least 45 to 1 hour to dry. However, the drying process also depends on the mehndi designs and their thickness. So, for the best color of mehndi on hands and feet, it is better to keep the henna on for a longer time and let it dry naturally. However, if you want to dry it quickly for any reason, there are some ways to do it which are mentioned below. But again it is suggested that if you have enough time, let the mehndi dry naturally and keep it on your hands and feet longer for dark color.
- Use Hair dryer
Usually, it is recommended to not use a hairdryer to dry the mehndi as it can reduce the drying timing and henna will not leave its color on the body properly. However, if you have to use it, try to set the hair dryer on low heat so that henna gets a little time to stay.
- Apply Heat
You can dry your mehndi with some heat or steam it. However, while using heat, be careful, don’t burn your skin so, maintain some distance. Heating can help your mehndi to dry faster.
- Instant Mehndi cones
In the market, instant mehndi cones are available that give instant color within 15-20 minutes. These types of mehndi contain some chemical that leaves the color of the skin faster and darker. So, if you want a dark and quick mehndi dye, you can use these Instant mehndi cones.
Caution: apply instant mehndi on a small portion for the patch test. If it doesn’t affect your skin, then use it. Sometimes, chemicals in the instant mehndi can damage the skin especially if you have sensitive skin. At the same time, leave instant mehndi on your skin only for the suggested time.
These are some quick Mehndi Drying techniques you can use. However, if you want to get a darker and deeper color, there are also many methods. You can use different natural ingredients in many ways to get the beautiful dark color on your skin. So, if you want to check the different products or ingredients that can be used as a mehndi color intensifier, you can visit the given link.
Today our main topic was quick Mehndi Drying techniques. However, along with that, we also covered some basic information about mehndi, and how we can make mehndi paste from the powder at home. There are a lot of uses of mehndi. You can say that mehndi is a form of temporary tattoo that you can draw on your body according to your choice. However, you will get different articles related to mehndi such as bridal mehndi design, tips for long-lasting mehndi, etc on our website. Here we started our topic with some basic details on henna and moved towards the quick Mehndi Drying techniques. So, hopefully, you enjoyed the article. However, you can keep visiting our website for the relevant information regarding the fashion and fashion trends.