Do you want shiny and nourished hair? Yes, dry and frizzy hair doesn’t look great and everyone wants to have healthy and beautiful hair. There are a lot of natural ingredients that you can apply as a hair mask to get the hair shine back. You can make these hair masks at home with natural homemade ingredients and buy ready-made hair masks from the market. There are many options available in hair masks that vary according to the treatment. As Face masks are used for hydrating and fresh skin, hair masks act the same for hair. Here, through this article, we will talk about hair masks in detail such as How to Use a Hair Mask, The Best Treatments for Dry, Damaged Hair, etc. At the same time, you will also see the relevant and necessary information that will help you a lot in getting healthy and beautiful hair. So, let’s start our discussion on hair masks.
What is a hair mask?
Hair masks are moisturizing treatments used to nourish hair with beneficial ingredients. Usually, hair masks contain oils, butter, and various nourishing ingredients that help the hair in growth and give it a beautiful shine. Usually, hair masks are used after shampooing the hair properly. Then apply hair masks and after some time, condition your hair. Hair masks are different from shampoos and conditioners because of their formula and consistency.
Most conditions, such as drying, straightening, curling, and styling of the hair at high temperatures can damage the hair. At the same time, a lot of use of hair sprays to fix them after any style can also affect the health of hair. So, hair masks have the potency to overcome these damages as they have highly nourishing and hydrating ingredients as compared to shampoos and conditioners.
Difference Between Hair Masks and conditioners
If you are curious about how hair masks are different from conditioners while both are used to hydrate the hair, below are some major differences.
- Hair masks have more concentration of hydrating ingredients and are left on the hair for a longer time as compared to hair conditioners.
- Hair masks have thicker consistency while hair conditioners are lightweight that you can wash off easily.
If we talk about the variation in hair masks, that depends a lot on the hair texture.
How to Use Hair Masks Properly
Hair masks are very easy to use. It is recommended to use them on clean hair as ingredients in the masks can penetrate the scalp and stand easily to give you the best result. However, always read the instructions given on the hair mask jar/bottle before using them. By reading the instructions, you will get to know how to use them properly. Below, we have provided the general method of How to use a hair mask.
- Shampoo your hair properly to clean the scalp and strands from dirt and oil and then rinse it.
- Apply a good amount of hair masks according to the thickness and length of your hair.
- Leave the masks for at least 5-15 minutes or according to the mentioned time on the mask jar and then rinse it.
- Use conditioner if you want and wash your hair properly to wash out all particles.
- Air Dry your hair properly.
- Apply hair serums if you want to apply for extra care.
Which is best: Hair Masks on wet hair or dry hair
It depends on the type and purpose of hair masks. Usually, hair masks work best on damp hair as they become porous to absorb the nutrients more easily. So, you can wash your hair, drain out extra water, and then apply hair masks. A lot of water on hair will rinse off the product before the expected time giving you the best result. So, try to keep your hair damp.
At the same time, if you are using oil-based hair masks, then the best method to apply them is on dry hair. As oil and water repel each other, so, if you apply oil-based masks on wet hair, you might not get the required result.
In short, the condition of applying hair masks on wet or dry hair depends on the nature of the hair masks. So, it is recommended to read the given instructions/directions before using them.
Benefits of Hair Masks
There are a lot of benefits of hair masks that you can notice after using them. So, below we have discussed some benefits of applying hair masks.
- Give moisture to the hair and keep it hydrated
- Help with soft and shiny hair
- Reduce the hair damage and breakage
- Help in reducing the frizziness of hair
- Make the scalp healthier and hair stronger
Hair Masks for Dry and damaged hair
If you are facing dry and damaged hair problems and looking for hair masks, you will get them. You can use homemade or ready-made hair masks according to your choice. However, we discussed both.
Homemade Hair Masks for Dry & Damaged Hair
To make hair masks for dry and damaged hair, get the following ingredients and mix them according to the given instructions.
- Avocado and Aloe Vera Gel Hair Mask
- Blend one ripe avocado, 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel, and 01 tablespoon coconut oil and make a mixture.
- Apply this mask on wet or dry hair, and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse the masks properly by washing out all particles of the mixture from the hair.
- Banana and Olive Oil Hair Mask
- Take one ripe banana and blend or mash it to make a lump-free puree.
- Mix the one tablespoon of olive oil and keep blending until it becomes a creamy & frothy mask.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp for 10-15 minutes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey Hair Mask
- Mix one cup of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of honey.
- As it will have a liquid consistency, so, apply it through the spray bottle.
- Leave for 10 minutes and wash it off.
- Lemon and Egg Hair Mask
- Egg whites are high in protein and fatty acid to treat the damaged hair so, take the egg white of one egg.
- Mix the egg white with lemon juice.
- Apply it to clean and dry hair for one hour and wash your head.
- Rice & Avocado Hair Mask
- Soak one cup of rice in two cups of water for 24 hours and then strain it.
- Mash up an avocado properly and mix the rice water to make a thick mixture.
- Apply it on your hair for 20-30 minutes, and wash your hair.
Ready-made Hair Masks
If you don’t want to use homemade hair masks or you don’t have time, you can purchase them from the market. There are many hair masks available in the market according to the hair texture and treatment. Try to buy those masks that have natural ingredients. So, before purchasing any hair masks, check if it is according to your hair texture and which ingredients it contain.
What to see before buying Readymade Hair Masks?
If you want to buy store-made or ready-made hair masks, try to check the ingredients list. Try to buy those that contain natural ingredients without chemicals. However, below, we have provided a list of some natural ingredients and how they are beneficial for your hair.
- Bananas: Bananas are the best to treat the frizzy hair. It contains silica that makes hair shiny and soft. As bananas have antimicrobial properties, they also help reduce the dryness and natural remedies for dandruff dandruff.
- Eggs: Protein in the egg whites helps in straightening the hair. However, the egg yolk contains Vitamin E, A, Biotin, and folate and promotes hair growth.
- Honey: Honey is a humectant that retains moisture. It also stimulates skin cell growth which helps it promote stronger hair follicles.
- Avocado Oil: Avocado Oil contains different minerals that prevent hair from breakage and damage. At the same time, it also helps seal the hair cuticle.
- Olive Oil: Squalene is Olive oil that gives moisture to hair and skin. Squalenes are produced in the body naturally but with age, their production declines.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can easily penetrate the hair and give it a conditioning effect as it has low molecular weight. So, it helps reduce the dryness and frizz from the hair.
- Aloe Vera Gel: It has anti-inflammatory properties so it gives a calm and soothing effect to the scalp. Aloe vera Gel also strengthens and nourishes hair as it also contains Vitamin E, C, B-12, and Folic Acid.
Hair Masks are very beneficial to treat hair in many ways. There is a huge range of hair masks that you can apply to get glossy, shiny, and healthy hair. Here, we have discussed how to use a hair mask properly. At the same time, we also discussed the different homemade hair masks for dry and damaged hair. So, articles contain a lot of guidelines regarding hair masks, details on different natural ingredients used in store-based hair masks, and how to apply them properly. Hopefully, the article will be helpful for you. We would love to receive your constructive feedback. However, you can visit our website, beinthefashion.com, for relevant updates.