If you want radiant and glowy skin, then you should add the best quality Vitamin C serum to your skincare. Vitamin C serum has antioxidants that help repair your skin against many problems and give you healthy and brighter skin. There are multiple benefits of Vitamin C if you use it in a proper way. So, here we will tell you about How to Use Vitamin C Serum The Right Way to get the best result.
You can add Vit. C serum in your daily skincare routine in the morning or evening. For your complete guidance, below we have complete details on Vit. C with correct usage. So, through this article, you will get almost all the information related to Vitamin C. So, let’s check out the importance of the serum on the skin, and how it can help in getting hydrated and fresh skin.
Methods to Use Vitamin C Serum
You can use Vitamin C serum in different ways according to your skin’s requirements. You can use it not only as a serum in your skincare routine but also with some other products to treat the skin. So, here we will see How to Use Vitamin C Serum The Right Way for different purposes such as
- Use of Serum Effectively
- Vitamin C Serum to Treat Skin
Use of Vit. C Serum Effectively
If you want to add Vitamin C serum to your skincare routine for brighter and youthful skin, use it in a proper way for great outcomes. Everything takes some time, so don’t be impatient to get the result immediately. Below, we have provided some instructions to use the Vitamin C serum effectively.
- Before adding the serum to your daily skincare routine, do a patch test once to check the reaction on your skin. So, take a few drops of the serum on your wrist and wait for 24 hours to see how your skin reacts. If you get irritation or rash with the said time, don’t use it as it can damage your face skin. However, consult with a dermatologist for better guidance.
- Use the Vit. C serum once a day. So, plan it wisely whether you want to add it to your morning skincare routine or night skincare routine. If you want to add it to your morning routine, you must apply sunscreen after Vit. C serum. However, at night, apply it before the moisturizer.
- Cleanse your face properly with a gentle cleanser by massaging the face properly for a few seconds. Rinse the face with water to remove all dirt.
- Apply toner on your face through the cotton ball across the face and let it dry.
- Then, take 2-3 drops of Vitamin C serum and apply it on the skin with your finger. Leave it for a little time to absorb it in the skin properly.
- Then, apply moisturizer or sunscreen according to the time you are applying. Note: Below we have mentioned the complete guidance to apply Vit. C serum in morning and evening skincare routine stepwise.
Vitamin C Serum to Treat Skin
You can use Vitamin C serum with some other products to treat many skin problems. Below, we have mentioned some treatments that you can do by using Vit. C.
- Vit C with Zinc: If you have acne problems, you can use vitamin C serum containing zinc. It will reduce the inflammation caused by acne and give your skin a better texture. Vitamin C serum has anti-inflammatory properties, it can soothe the skin.
- Vitamin C & E Serum: the serum contains both, Vitamin C and E will give you protection against the harmful sun rays. So, always put on sunscreen before going out. After coming back, wash your face properly and apply Vitamin C & E serum.
- Vit. C Serum for Anti-Aging: You can use Vitamin C serum in your skincare for anti-aging once a day. The serum helps in producing the collagen that helps in repairing the skin and reduces wrinkles.
- Vitamin C serum for Hyperpigmentation: If you have pigmented/tanned skin, Vitamin C will help you get back brighter and clearer skin. So, apply the serum once a day to reduce the darker patches on the skin. Remember that it will take a few months, so use it consistently with some patience.
Stepwise Application of Products with Vit. C Serum in Skincare Routine
You can use Vitamin C serum once a day, so, it’s your choice that you want to add to your AM Skin or PM skincare routine. However, for your assistance, below, we have mentioned the step-wise application of all products for both times. So. get the skincare routine below with complete guidance.
- AM Skincare
- Cleanse the Skin
- Tone the skin properly
- Apply Vitamin C Serum
- Put on Moisturizer
- Use sunscreen
- PM Skincare
- Cleans the skin to wash away particles, dust, and sunscreen
- Tone it properly to clean the skin properly
- Spot treatment to tackle issues
- Apply Vitamin C layer
- Moisturize the skin properly to absorb and trap all products.
How to Determine the Best Vitamin C Serum
When you go out to buy a vitamin C serum, always have a look at its ingredients and their concentration. Best Vitamin C serums will have the following:
- 10-20% L-ascorbic Acid
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol) / Glutathione S Ferulic Acid
- Darked or tinted glass Bottle with Airtight Packaging
Note: If you have sensitive skin, use Vit. C serum with 5-10% concentration in start. However, you can gradually increase the concentration if your skin doesn’t get irritated.
Benefits of Vitamin C Serum
Here we have mentioned the list of benefits that you can get after using the Vitamin C Serums in your skincare.
- Reduce wrinkles and anti-aging signs
- Increase collagen production and skin elasticity
- Help in getting an even skin tone
- Reduce hyperpigmentation
- Give protection from sun rays
- Brighten up the skin complexion
- Act as a barrier against pollution and other free radication
- Have anti-inflammatory properties
- Retain skin Moisture
Mistake to avoid using Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serum works magically on the skin. But if we use it in the wrong way, the skin will get damaged. So, when using Vitamin C serum, try to avoid the following mistakes and protect your skin.
- Irregular Timing: if you want to get the best result, apply it at the same time daily. According to skin experts, there is no hard and fast rule regarding timing but it is advisable to use it one time.
- Application: For the best result, apply the Vitamin C serum right after toner in your skincare routine. After the toner, it works more effectively and then follows the remaining routine (mentioned above).
- Formula & Concentration: Always check the ingredients and their concentration before purchasing the serum. Check the concentration of ascorbic acid, and then buy it according to your skin type. The vitamin C is available from 2-20% ascorbic acid.
- Vitamin C with Wrong Ingredients: never use Vitamin C serum with some other ingredients in the same routine which can lead to skin irritation and dryness. So, the ingredients with which you should not Vit. C serum at the same time are AHAs, BHAs, Retinol, Niacinamide, and benzoyl peroxide. So, never use two different skincare products in the same routine. However, you can use two or more antioxidant serums at the same time, according to the dermatologist.
- Packaging: You should not avoid packaging of the serum as it plays a crucial role in the effectiveness of Vitamin C. So, buy those serums that come in dark and tinted bottles as light can ruin the Vitamin C serum. At the same time, the packing should be airtight so that oxygen can’t enter it.
Here, we have discussed the benefits of Vitamin C serums and How to Use Vitamin C Serum The Right Way. We tried to cover almost all the necessary information regarding the Vitamin C serum to get fresh, radiant, and youthful skin. Vitamin C serum has a lot of benefits if you use it properly. The aim of this article, How to Use Vitamin C Serum The Right Way, is to guide you so that you can get as many benefits through this serum as you can. Hopefully, now you will have a lot of information and be ready to use it in your skincare routine. However, you can also visit our website, beinthefashion.com, for more informational articles regarding skincare and fashion trends. So, don’t forget to visit us for all the latest updates.